What Are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a web server to a web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows us or a third party to recognise you and make your next visit to our website https://www.synergymarinegroup.com (“Synergy Marine Group”) easier and the service more useful.
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials, so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the services on our website and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that we can tailor a more relevant communication and service to you.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our services and other websites and apps.
Types of Cookie
- Persistent Cookie:a data file with user’s information. This data file is capable of providing websites with user preferences, settings and information for future visits. Persistent cookies are used for convenience and rapid access to objects that are familiar in order to enhance the user experience. A persistent cookie is also known as a stored or permanent cookie.
- Session Cookie:a cookie that is eliminated when the user closes the Web browser. The Session cookie is stored in a temporary memory and is not withheld after the browser is closed. This cookie does not collect information from the user computer. They typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
Synergy Marine Group uses both session and persistent cookies.
- To store information such as browser type, time spent on the service, language preferences and other anonymous traffic data.
- To remember your choices, credentials (username and password) and otherwise to customize our services for you.
- To enable certain functions of the service like display information more effectively or facilitate navigation.
- To enable delivery of advertisements.
- To provide analytics in order to improve design and functionality.
How can users manage cookies?
Please note, if you delete or refuse to accept cookies, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies
- This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Data recording by third party to ensure GDPR compliant client.
Third Party Cookies
We may also use various third-party cookies in addition to our own existing cookies for the purpose of reporting usage statistics of the service, deliver advertisements on and through the service.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
- For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.