GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
In order to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), amongst other such regulations, we have updated our Privacy Notice as outlined below.
For prospective employees of Synergy Marine Group, please also see Synergy Privacy Notice for Prospective Employees.
When we refer to Data Protection Legislation, we mean the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”); any legislation implemented to give effect to the derogations permitted under the GDPR; and/or any other applicable data protection legislation.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND USE:
Personal Data collected automatically
Our website collects certain information automatically and stores in our logs; which may be including but not limited to:
Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, location data, browser type, mobile device IDs, usage of our website including a history of the pages you viewed.
Personal Data collected from you
Some Personal Data may be collected directly from your end including but not limited to:
Your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, job title, business enquiries made by you etc.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the purpose of this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the Company will process your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
What personal data will we process?
Usually we will have access to the following Personal Data you have supplied it to us as mentioned hereinabove.
How will we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data as necessary or appropriate for:
- Administering your account if you have registered with us;
- Responding to enquiries that you may have directed to us; and/or actioning, as appropriate, any requests for our information or services;
- To conduct our legitimate business interests;
- To enhance customer experience etc.
What is the legal basis on which we will use your personal data?
We will only process personal data when we have a legal basis for doing so, including but not limited to the following:
- It is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests, except where your interests and rights override those (it is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to enter into such a contract with you, since it may be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to a particular role or to carry out work or provide services to us);
- It is necessary to protect your interests or those of someone else; and/or
- It is necessary to decide whether to enter into a contract with you for employment or work services.
How long will we hold onto your data?
We will not store your personal data and/or special categories of personal data longer than necessary for the uses outlined above, unless it is required that we do so in order to comply with the law and/or any regulatory requirements.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation that can be exercised by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com including:
- The right to access the personal data held about you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation (we may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive);
- The right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- The right to request to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests;
- The right to request the transfer of your personal data to another party in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation; and
- The right, where you have provided consent, to withdraw such consent at any time.
ADDENDUM LOGS AND NETWORK MONITORING
Synergy Marine Group maintains log files of all access to the site and also monitors network traffic for the purposes of site management. This information is used to help diagnose problems with the server and to carry out other administrative tasks. Log analysis tools are also used to create summary statistics to determine which information is of most interest to users, to identify system problem areas, or to help determine technical requirements.
Information like the following is collected in these files:
- Hostname– the hostname and/or IP address of the computer requesting access to the site
- User Agent– the type of browser, its version, and the operating system of the computer requesting access
- Referrer– the website the user came from
- System Date– the date and time on the server at the time of access
- Full Request– the exact request the user made
- Status– the status code the server returned (e.g., fulfilled request, file not found)
- Content Length– the byte size of the file sent to the user
- Method– the request method used by the browser (e.g., post, get)
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI)– the location of the particular resource requested (more commonly referred to as the URL)
- Query String of the URI– anything after a question mark in a URI (e.g., if a keyword search has been requested, the search word will appear in the query string)
- Protocol– the technical protocol and version used (e.g., HTTP, FTP)
The above information is not used in any way that would reveal personally identifying information to outside parties unless Synergy Marine Group is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
This site may contain links to other sites. Synergy Marine Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites.
All content and information contained on this website are copyrighted to Synergy Marine Group and may not be copied, whether in part or in whole. We respect your privacy and rights; in return, we ask that you respect ours.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Our group Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information, you can write to us using the contact e-mail address mentioned above.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data in a manner not in accordance with relevant legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the place of your habitual residence, or the place where you believe the infringement occurred.