Position Title: Marketing and Digital Communications Manager
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Pune, India
About the Role:
Our Media and Communications team plays a vital role in advancing Synergy’s brand strategy and positioning, focusing on content marketing. We are looking for an analytical thinker with an audience-first mindset for the Marketing and Digital Communications Manager role, responsible for the strategic design, implementation and management of all communication strategies. These strategies will target media and industry engagement to promote the value of ship management and Synergy’s role as a leading ship manager through a combination of corporate communications, public relations and digital marketing strategies. You will report directly to the Head of Media & Communications and provide advisory services to the senior management team. Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Develop promotions and communications while liaising with other departments and the Management Team to produce content that advances the brand.
- Create and repurpose content across platforms and social media channels to build brand familiarity and generate demand.
- Strategize and execute advertising campaigns.
- Plan, develop and maintain social media profiles with quality content.
- Develop digital marketing strategies to support and expand our digital presence.
- Identify critical conversion points and drop off points to optimise user funnels.
- Work on media engagement/strategy development/execution of digital marketing campaigns, social media, content and web operations to execute critical initiatives.
- Contribute and share your perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Assist in preparing and drafting various communications (email, social media, blogs, articles, etc.)
- Manage crisis communication in line with corporate requirements.
Email marketing and Inbound marketing management
- Oversee the email campaign development and implementation.
- Manage inbound marketing system, including campaign development and data analysis.
- Develop compelling custom content.
- Oversee the development and execution of comprehensive digital marketing strategies to increase brand visibility.
- Manage website redesign and online content optimization, emphasizing user experience and content auditing using Google Analytics.
- Increase content marketing capabilities by implementing a new email marketing system contributing to increased email open rates and decreased opt-outs.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives through performance metrics and manage the budget to maximize ROI.
- Create and manage all email marketing programs ensuring implementation, response tracking and campaign performance optimization, including A/B testing.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in a high paced environment.
- Exposure to the senior management and key decision-makers within the organization.
- Opportunity to learn from the senior management team. Mentorship is a crucial aspect of Synergy’s culture.
- Access to newer technologies and the ability to think big.
- Opportunity to learn from significant stakeholders within the organization.
- Opportunity to play a critical role in managing the brand across complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
What we are looking for:
- Should have an undergraduate/post-graduate degree from a premier institute, preferably from MICA/TISS/IIMC/XIC in Communications, Advertising or Public Relations.
- At least 7 years of experience in successful Brand Management, Marketing and/or Communications/PR, preferably at a creatively-driven design firm, ad agency, or in-house marketing communications or creative services department in an MNC.
- Experience with inbound marketing systems and familiarity with marketing automation practices.
- The candidate must have 5+ years of experience in Digital Marketing with a focus on content development.
- Experience in executing omnichannel marketing campaigns and media relations.
- Keep up with the latest digital and social media trends to best leverage marketing programs as part of an overall business strategy.
- Have an excellent project and deadline management skills.
- Keep up with the latest trends of the maritime sector.
- Possess the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Have the ability to multi-task and undertake multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills in both verbal and written communication.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical abilities.
Must be able to present a portfolio of work, including writing and digital samples.
About Synergy Group
Synergy Group has a global ship management business supported by its various subsidiaries to provide a host of marine and ship management services. We are Singapore headquartered with 19 offices across 12 countries.
We manage over 375 ships, have 15,000+ seafarers and around 1,100 employees across our 19 offices.
We have a strong focus on Digitalization, Decarbonization, Sustainability and Social impact, and are the fastest-growing player in the ship management industry.
We are looking for people who want to achieve, grow, lead, and experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest and most innovative ship management companies.
Synergy is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
If you are looking to work in a dynamic environment that provides multiple opportunities for growth and excellence, please share your profile with firstname.lastname@example.org.